Yes we have a famous battlefield to tour by car, bicycle, horseback, and even on foot but we boast a wealth of activities beyond those historic acres.
From historic taverns to ethnic cuisine, farm-to-table dining to unique edibles, the tastes of Gettysburg are sure to please every palate.
With adventures to suit every budget, Gettysburg and Adams County businesses offer plenty of packages to help visitors create their dream vacations.
Transport yourself to the Wild West in this event celebrating cowboy (and cowgirl) culture. Ride along our No. 17 locomotive with "the most reckless class of outlaws in the wild country," and prepare for an experience straight out of the most beloved cowboy films--complete with train robberies, shootouts, live performances and more. So, don't be a yellow belly, come over yonder this October 12th and 13th for a rollickin' good time!
This family-friendly event includes:
• an interactive cowboy carnival in the heart of New Freedom
• live train robberies aboard the No. 17
• authentic cowboy camp at Summit Grove
• performances by musicians, magicians, buskers and brawlers
• cowboy shootouts with the "good guys" and the "bad guys"
• a Sunday morning service for those who worship
• cowboy story-telling around the campfire
• cowboy-centric entertainment for children
• onsite cowboy camping for interested attendees
• interactive elements for volunteer guests
Take the tracks back in time for this mid-October western weekend with the cowboys of the classics.
Northern Central Railway- Steam Into History
2 West Main St
New Freedom, PA 17349