Yes we have a famous battlefield to tour by car, bicycle, horseback, and even on foot but we boast a wealth of activities beyond those historic acres.
From historic taverns to ethnic cuisine, farm-to-table dining to unique edibles, the tastes of Gettysburg are sure to please every palate.
With adventures to suit every budget, Gettysburg and Adams County businesses offer plenty of packages to help visitors create their dream vacations.
Have you been eager to eat the Mediterranean way, but are not sure where to start? This workshop will involve you in designing and putting the Mediterranean lifestyle into practice in your own life. Classes are offered weekly for three weeks. Oct 12 & 19 will be held at Penn State Extension, Gettysburg and Oct 26 at Halbrendt Vineyard & Winery. Each class offers:
- Food demonstrations or hands-on food preparation with recipes provide
- Class lesson on the Mediterranean lifestyle
- Useful cooking tips
- Tasting different types of Mediterranean foods, i.e. olive oil, cheeses, vegetables and seasonings
- Discussions among class participants to share ideas
- Meeting and hearing from local food growers and producers covering topics such as new tasty greens and vegetable preparations, health research and local cheeses
- Winery tour and tasting as part of last class at Halbrendt Vineyard & Winery.
Who is this for? Anyone interested in eating well!
To sign up, go to https://extension.psu.edu/mediterranean-cuisine-comes-to-you or contact Whitney DePowell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-379-2763 for further information.