Gettysburg Seminary Ridge Museum
Purchase tickets online at www.seminaryridgemuseum.org/tickets.
Answer: Gettysburg's newest museum, encompassing more than 16,000 square feet.
Question: What is new in Gettysburg for the 2013 150th anniversary of the battle?
SOME RELICS OF THE PAST YOU CAN HOLD IN YOUR HAND. OTHERS YOU CAN WALK INSIDE.
Gettysburg's Seminary Ridge Museum features three areas of emphasis not focused on anywhere else in Gettysburg:
(1) the First Day Battle, July 1, 1863, on the very site where it happened
(2) Civil War field medicine in the building that was the largest Field Hospital at Gettysburg; and
(3) the larger issues of Faith and Freedom
- Four floors of exhibits with many original artifacts and documents.
- Opportunity for specially guided tours of the cupola where Brigadier General John Buford scouted the Confederate advance
- 4 major video productions
- 10 original murals by renowned artist Dale Gallon commissioned exclusively for themuseum
- Hands-on interactive stations for children to follow the "Ziegler Kids" (the children of the caretaker who lived in this building)
111 Seminary Ridge
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Find on Google™ Maps
|September - November||Wednesday - Monday: 10 am - 5 pm|
|December - March||Friday - Monday: 10 am - 5 pm|
|April - May||Wednesday - Monday: 10 am - 5 pm|
|Military Discounts Available|
Gettysburg Seminary Ridge Museum Legacy Weekend: Music and Luminaria
Saturday, September 13, 2014