Alexander Currens Farm House
The Alexander Currens Farmhouse (c. 1799) is located on the southern end of the Gettysburg Battlefield. In July 1863, it sat in the crossfire between the Union and Confederate troops on the Second Day of the Gettysburg campaign. The winner of the 2009 restoration award by Historic Gettysburg, Adams County, the house sits quietly today, a 5 minute bike ride from Little Round Top, Devil's Den, and the new Visitor's Center. The house is furnished with comfortable antiques. It has three bedrooms, two with queen size beds and the third with a full size bed. The house has a new kitchen, a quiet study and living room. Every room has its own fireplace, and gas-fired stove. The house also has central air. There are two full baths, one with a combined shower/tub, and the other with a deep antique soaking tub. The second floor porch, equipped with comfortable chairs, overlooks the National Park. A brick patio, surrounding the old well, provides a lovely outdoor dining space.