Yes we have a famous battlefield to tour by car, bicycle, horseback, and even on foot but we boast a wealth of activities beyond those historic acres.
From historic taverns to ethnic cuisine, farm-to-table dining to unique edibles, the tastes of Gettysburg are sure to please every palate.
With adventures to suit every budget, Gettysburg and Adams County businesses offer plenty of packages to help visitors create their dream vacations.
In her popular two-day, plein-air colored pencil workshops, artist Amy Lindenberger shows how to simplify the complexities of a landscape and still render its colors and textures in a convincing representation and painterly fashion. Come enjoy a beautiful weekend In the Great Outdoors.
• Experience with colored pencils is helpful but not necessary.
• No art supplies needed. Materials will be provided by the American Art Retreat.
• Wear comfortable, casual shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
• Under 21 must be accompanied by an adult
• Box lunches for both days are included in the ticket price. Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions.