Welcome 2017 with music, magic, fireworks and much more! All programs are free to the public and presented by the Adams County Arts Council through its partnership with Gettysburg Borough, ACNB Bank, Destination Gettysburg, Gettysburg Eagles #1562, Gettysburg Hotel, Christ Lutheran Church, Thrivent Financial and the Majestic Theater.
- 9pm-12:30am: DJ Denny White
- 9:20-9:30pm: Entertainer Paul Moschette
- 9:30-10:15pm: Music by Hundreds of Thousands, alternative rock
- 10:20-10:30pm: Madalynn Alt, baton twirler
- 10pm-12am: Balloon art by Adventure in Fun, Gettysburg Hotel lobby
- 10:30-11:30pm: Music by the band Audacity, classic rock
- 11:30pm: Countdown to midnight on Gettysburg Hotel porch, emcee Denny White, Funny Hat Contest, Mayor Ted Streeter, guest soloist Margaret Folkemer
- 12 Midnight: Fireworks display over Lincoln Square
Majestic Theater, 25 Carlisle St.
- 7:30pm: The Princess Bride: An elderly man (Peter Falk) reads the book “The Princess Bride” to his sick and thus currently bedridden adolescent grandson (Fred Savage). The story by Morgenstern, is about the most beautiful woman in the world, the hero who loves her, and the evil prince who says he wants to marry her. Rating PG 1hr, 38 min. Free admission but reservations are recommended and can be obtained by contacting or stopping by the Majestic Theater Box office, 337-8200.
Christ Lutheran Church, 44 Chambersburg St.
Performances sponsored by Thrivent Financial
- 7:30-8:30pm: Magician Joe “The Professor” Kerrigan, Civil War-era magic
- 8:45-9:25pm: Dearest Home, American music
- 9:30-10:20pm: Community sing-along
- 10:30-11:20pm: Cormorant’s Fancy, folk, Celtic, and seasonal tunes
- 11:30-11:45pm: Community Worship Service
- 7:30pm-midnight: Free refreshments and fellowship in the Social Room. Father Time roaming throughout the evening